Pages

Songs of Summer

It would have been poetic in a lyrical sense if I did know a girl named Summer who could have been the potential love of my life but alas, that chance never arrived. Never in my 19 years of existence on this earth have I personally known anyone named Summer, but that's not the point.


In less than a week, June will be upon us and that literally means that we have reached mid-year. Primary and Secondary schools are out for their well-deserved rest and holidays where as the Polytechnic students continue to slog away. Then there are those who are just "waiting". Like me, like many others.

I never thought June would come this early. It comes to a point where you realise that once June comes, you're that one big step away from whatever you've come to know the past two decades. For the boys, we go on to serve our nation, the thought of enlisting doesn't frighten me much, its the after of the two years that does. Well, the girls either find their way to University by August or some just seem to start work. Let's simply put that my current uncertain future scares the bajeezus out of me.

It's this roller coaster ride you've always wanted to hop on since you were a kid but never got the guts to. You wish you could walk backwards to get out the queue, but there are too many people behind you waiting to board the ride, so you just have to go on and brave it out like the rest before you.

You pray that once you hop on and strap yourself in, you never make it to the corkscrew and the big drop sections. Too bad that almost never happens.

In this ugly world where nothing is ever fair, you just hope lady luck gives you a break (and maybe about time too).

Maybe I'm not prepared to grow up, the past 3? years has been a real blur, I never really saw past those years in Polytechnic, never really carving a career path for myself. Maybe I'm still expecting someone to take me by the hand and guide me through the next couple of years until I finish the next phase of my life or something, most probably undergrad studies (if i ever get there, ha!)


I haven't been this scared in a long time. It's too easy to complicate things.

No comments:

Post a Comment